[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″ hover_enabled=”0″ fb_built=”1″ _i=”0″ _address=”0″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” collapsed=”off” _i=”0″ _address=”0.0″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” _i=”0″ _address=”0.0.0″ custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.29.3″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” hover_enabled=”0″ _i=”0″ _address=”0.0.0.0″]
Have you ever been walking hurriedly through a packed airport terminal or shopping mall. Suddenly you see one of those little chair massage stations parked right in the center of it all? With everyone in such a rush, still there is always at least one wise person who has pushed “pause” on their hectic life, walked over, sat down, and booked a massage session on the spot!
The days when massage therapy might have been considered a spa service available only to celebrities and the wealthy have long passed. Today, there is an increasingly robust body of scientific evidence to support the medical, therapeutic, health and wellness benefits of various forms of massage therapy
What Are the Types of Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is a term that may sound simple enough at first, until you start researching and realize just how many different types of massages exist.
Here is a brief overview of the different types of massage therapy we offer:
- Chair massage. The compact nature of the special ergonomic chair not only makes it the massage type of choice for busy shopping malls and airport lounges. But it also really helps if the person isn’t comfortable lying down or isn’t physically able to lie down.
- Deep tissue massage. As the name implies, deep tissue massage is restorative down to the deepest layer of the tissue, muscles and fascia to stimulate the healing powers of your circulatory system.
- Swedish massage. Swedish massage uses long pressurized strokes that all lead heart-ward. It is designed to be very calming and soothing to muscles and your entire central and peripheral nervous system.
- Therapeutic massage. Therapeutic massage is a medium-pressure massage that falls somewhere in between deep tissue and Swedish massage.
- Pregnancy massage. Expectant and new moms have special massage needs. Often, pressure in the hips, lower back, feet and ankles can cause discomfort or pain. Pregnancy massage carefully tends to each client’s individual needs.
- Himalayan hot stone massage. The combination of heat plus massage is a powerful one that soothes away pain, anxiety and stress.
- Reflexology massage. Reflexology points in the feet, ears and hands correspond to inner organs, structures and systems that cannot be reached with massage directly.
- Scalp massage. A scalp massage is a great choice to reduce tension headaches, rejuvenate the skin and facial muscles, improve overall posture and add relaxation.
- Sports massage. Sports massage delivers targeted pressure and increased blood flow to areas that need extra restoration and healing after intense workouts.
- Stone facial massage. Special salt stones from the Himalayas add dimension and relaxation to a traditional facial massage treatment.
Research Supported Healing Benefits of Eastern Massage Therapy
Massage is being offered more and more often in hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers and even board rooms. As a method of aiding focus and concentration, easing stress, relieving aches and pains. Speeding up the healing process, and improving overall wellbeing and health.
Research now shows that an Eastern approach to massage therapy can be beneficial for each of these health issues and more:
- Anxiety and mood disturbance
- Digestion problems
- Sleep difficulties
- Chronic pain
- Myofascial pain
- Sprains and strains
- Sports injuries
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder)
- Chronic stress
Massage Therapy for Detoxification
Is something every person needs today. As the air we breathe, the water we drink, the soil we cultivate our food in. The packaging we choose is increasingly saturated with harmful elements. Our bodies have become overburdened in cleansing us of these toxins.
Massage therapy allows your body to take a little restorative break of its own as the massage treatment moves these built-up toxins out of your system at the cellular level. This is also why one universal recommendation a massage therapist will have for their clients is to drink more water after your treatment. Staying well hydrated after a massage treatment will keep the detoxification process going long after your session has concluded.
Massage Provides Rest & Restoration for the Brain and the Body
There is a reason so many hit songs are written while the songwriter is taking a shower! Sometimes giving your brain a break is just what it needs to synthesize all your efforts into something bigger and better. That can really move you ahead towards your goals in life.
Massage gives your brain that necessary break. As the focus moves to healing and restoring your body. One recent research study showed that massage therapy literally changes the neural activity in your brain, promoting a peaceful state of mind.
what are you waiting for! Try our Eastern Massage Therapy.
Contact us to schedule your massage treatment today